4 Forklift Safety Tips | Forklift Ramps for Containers
4 Forklift Safety Tips | Forklift Ramps for Containers | Load and Unload
Forklifts are necessary for running an efficient facility for many businesses. However, they can present some of the most critical hazards. In fact, 100 American workers die each year from forklift injury and misuse.
However, the key to running a safe and efficient business is consistency. When you commit to specified forklift safety procedures, you can ensure your facility is both a safe and efficient place to work. Here are some tips for maintaining forklift safety.
- Ensure all applicable employees have proper training.
- Do not allow any untrained employees to operate forklifts.
- You may find it beneficial to review safety standards regularly with your team.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If possible, use a spotter to navigate narrow spaces.
- Use your horn or your voice to let other employees know to move over.
- Only stop when you have enough room.
- Take care of any spills on floors immediately to avoid slippery conditions.
- Maintain a safe distance between other forklifts and yours.
- Use hand signals.
- Clarify to pedestrians whether or not they are safe to cross.
- When a pedestrian stops at an intersection, bring your forklift to a complete stop.
- Slow down!
- Quick turns, in particular, can throw loads off, and place people around you at risk for injury.
- This can allow yourself time to react to hazards.
About Copperloy by JH Industries | Forklift Ramps for Containers | Loading Ramp
For more than five decades, Copperloy by JH Industries has been a leading resource for durable loading dock equipment. The Twinsburg, Ohio facility serves as the center for premier engineering design and manufacturing. In fact, the headquarters houses the computer numerical control (CNC) and robotic technology that make the company’s products as reliable as they are. To list, available pieces include
- Trailer Jacks
- Yard Ramps
- Van Ramps
- Walk Boards
- Dock Plates
- Dock Boards
- Edge of Dock Levelers
- Portable Loading Docks
- Forklift Ramps for Containers
- Lift Tables
- Portable Platforms
- Dock Lifts
- Wheel Chocks
Endless Custom Steel Fabrication and Design Possibilities | Forklift Ramps for Containers
The Copperloy by JH Industries team realizes all facilities are different and all teams have different goals. For this reason, the company serves its clients through premier customization services. Collaborate with the Copperloy by JH Industries team to come up with the ideal equipment design for your space layout, and your productivity.
In all, the professionals from Copperloy by JH Industries can customize pieces to meet the standards of any industry and facility, and help any team streamline operations. You can count on Copperloy by JH Industries for custom forklift ramps for containers, rebar pallets, yard ramps, and so much more.