5 Forklift Safety Basics | Portable Forklift Ramp | Customer Service
You cannot maintain an efficient workspace if you do not ensure your facility is a safe place to work. Both loading docks and warehouses are hubs for activity in many facilities. However, they can be some of the most dangerous places in any facility. Forklifts are some of the most important pieces of equipment for companies across industries, but when teams neglect common sense safety standards, they can cause some of the most serious workplace injuries and even death. However, the key to ensuring productive forklift operations is commitment to safety. See the list below for some of the most important aspects of forklift safety.
- Watch Your Speed.
- This will allow you some time to react to hazards.
- Only stop when you have ample available distance to do so.
- Use a Spotter, if Possible.
- This can help you both avoid hazards and back safely.
- Ensure all employees know any designated hand signals.
- Ensure Only Trained Employees Use Forklifts.
- Never allow any unauthorized employees to use forklifts.
- Review safety procedures with all employees on a regular basis, as is most effective for your team and circumstances.
- Maintain a Clean Work Environment.
- Take care of any spills as they happen to prevent forklift accidents.
- Keep all machinery and ramps dry.
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings.
- Alert any pedestrians before passing.
- Move in reverse when a load obstructs your view.
- Look in all directions before backing.
About Copperloy by JH Industries | Portable Forklift Ramp | United States
For more than five decades, Twinsburg, Ohio’s Copperloy by JH Industries has been a go-to resource for reliable material handling equipment. Customers benefit from premier in-house engineering, design, and manufacturing. In fact, the Copperloy by JH Industries team implements the most current in robotic and computer numerical control (CNC) technologies to manufacture products of the highest quality. Available pieces include
- Trailer Jacks
- Yard Ramps
- Van Ramps
- Walk Boards
- Dock Plates
- Dock Boards
- Edge of Dock Levelers
- Portable Loading Docks
- Forklift Ramps for Containers
- Lift Tables
- Portable Platforms
- Dock Lifts
- Wheel Chocks
Before anything else, Copperloy by JH Industries prioritizes safety. For this reason, all Copperloy by JH Industries ramps come with exclusive safety features, including
- 8-Foot Level Off
- 15-Inch Lip
- Safety Chains
- Hydraulic Pump
- Smooth Side Plates
- Low End Plate
- Shark Tooth Steel Deck Grating
- 7-Inch Safety Curbs
- 18-Inch Solid/Pneumatic Tires
- Positioning Sleeve
- Tow Bar
Custom Steel Fabrication and Design Services From Copperloy by JH Industries | Portable Forklift Ramp | Forklift Loading
Client businesses across industries look to the dedicated team from Copperloy by JH Industries to customize material handling solutions that mazimize safety, profitability, and efficiency. Significantly, the team from Copperloy by JH Industries recognizes that every facility layout is different and project goal is different. For this reason, the team collaborates with clients to create premier customizations. Count on the Copperloy by JH Industries manufacturing and design experts to meet the standards of any facility and any industry. Clients have partnered with Copperloy by JH Industries for
- Large Machined Fabrications
- Precision Machining
- Both Machined Bases and Frames
- Machined Tables
- Material Handling Equipment
- Both Custom Fixtures and Tooling
- Custom Machinery Tooling
- Custom Automation
Connect with the Copperloy team today to learn more.