Finding The Right Drive Up Ramps For Your Needs.
Copperloy has heavy-duty drive up ramps that can handle all your loading and unloading needs. They are the leading custom steel fabrication manufactures in the industry. With 60 year’s experience, they apply loading solutions for everyday tasks to any customers operations. Drive up ramps provide vehicles with ground level access to higher points. Whether it be a truck bed, tractor-trailer, or a loading dock. Regardless of the endpoint, these ramps can see it through. Copperloy drive up ramps primarily consist of three products:
- Yard Ramp
- Split twin- lock loading ramps
- Dock-to-ground ramps
Let’s start with America’s Ultimate Yard Ramp. Engineered to maximize space, productivity, and safety these ramps offer the fastest rise times and user-friendly operation of any portable ramps in the industry. Allowing you to create a dock in any environment be it a yard, curb, road, basically, anywhere there is allowed space to create a dock you can. These Yard ramps provide a safe, efficient method to load/unload freight with forklifts and access the back of the truck. Yard ramps are a cost-effective way to expand your freight handling capacity. Some of its best features and benefits are:
- 8-Foot Level Off: For many portable yard ramps, forklift access can be difficult. Copperloy has made additions to their designs to circumvent this issue. The 8-foot level off is just one of these features that makes forklift access much safer and simpler.
- Hydraulic Pump Location: Many yard ramps position the hydraulic hand pump in a less-than-convenient location, which is an unnecessary hindrance for the operator. Copperloy designs their ramps with the hand pump on the outside. This has increased convenience as well as protecting the pump from dirt and damage.
- Low-End Plate and Safety Curb: Copperloy has developed solutions in addition to the 8-foot level off. The low-end plate and safety curb also mitigate the issue of forklift ramp access. The 7-inch safety curb is designed to prevent runoff, and the low-end plate is shorter than a forklift wheelbase, which allows the front tires to reach the grating while the back wheels are firmly on the ground. These two features work in tandem to substantially increase safety and functionality.
- Solid/Pneumatic Tires: The tires of Copperloy ramps are also an important feature. Most ramps have air-filled tires that require constant maintenance and refilling, which is an unnecessary waste of time and resources. Copperloy designs their ramps with solid/pneumatic tires that have lubricated bearings. These tires are virtually maintenance free and save time.
- Easier operation
- Faster raise times
- Less wear and tear
- Greater stability
Twin Lock Ramps
Next up is Twin Lock Ramp or better known as the Split Ramp. These ramps are made of aluminum making them lightweight and durable. They also offer two different weight capacities. The light duty has a capacity of 6,000 lbs. and the heavy duty can handle 7,500 lbs. The standard fixed width is 19″ with a locked width of 38″. Varying lengths are:
- 10-foot: Built for heights from 20 to 28 inches
- 12-foot: Built for heights from 25 to 34 inches
- 14-foot: Built for heights from 29 to 40 inches
Additional features of the twin lock ramps include:
- 15-degree angle grade
- 3-inch safety curb
- 12-inch lip
- shark tooth decking
- 2-inch maximum deflection underrated loads
All of these features working together to ensure safe and smooth operation while employing the twin lock ramps.
So which one fits your needs? Answer these questions, then consult with Copperloy’s experienced staff.
- Are you in need of a permanent loading area or do you prefer a portable loading ramp?
- What is the maximum capacity, including the weight of the truck, that your ramp will be supporting?
- Do you require dock-to-ground access or ground-level access to railcars and trucks?
Copperloy 60 years of experience manufacturing the right ramps for our customers. Our knowledgable team will be happy to help find the best fit for your loading and unloading needs.