3 Loading Dock Safety Mistakes | Portable Loading Dock Equipment
If your facility is unsafe, it cannot be as efficient as you want it to be. However, maintaining loading dock safety is all about committing to the basics of safety. When you commit to sticking to common sense procedure, and ensure your employees are all on the same page, you can make your workplace safer, and more efficient, as a result. In fact, some of the most common loading dock mistakes include
- Slips and Falls
- Be consistent and thorough with the cleaning. Take care of any oil or water spills as they happen.
- Rain and snow can present serious hazards. Clean off any equipment as needed.
- Improper lifting
- Work with a spotter when working with skids or pallets whenever possible to prevent injury.
- Lift with your legs, not with your back.
- Improper Securing of Loads
- Keep any hand truck loads even with eye level.
- Be consistent with making walk-around equipment checks.
About Copperloy by JH Industries | Portable Loading Dock Equipment
For more than five decades, Twinsburg, Ohio’s Copperloy by JH Industries has been a go-to resource for quality material handling equipment. From durable yard ramps to the reliable edge of dock levelers, to quality van ramps, and more, the team has what you need to make your facility a more productive place.
The Copperloy by JH Industries team puts the latest in both computer numerical control (CNC) and robotic technology to work to produce products that maximize safety, efficiency, and profitability across a diverse range of industries. To list, just some of these fields include
- Automated Equipment
- Heat Processing
- Both Heavy Machinery and Transportation
- Light Assembly
- Both Machine Tooling and Fixtures
- Machine/Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)
- Material Handling
- Metal Processing
- Both Military and Defense
- Plastics Machinery
- Both Printing and Publishing
- Both Warehousing and Distribution
- Wind Energy
Custom Steel Fabrication and Design Capabilities From Copperloy by JH Industries
Your facility has its own layout and your team has its own goals. In all, a one-size-fits-all material handling solution is not always effective. For this reason, companies across industries count on Copperloy by JH Industries for top-quality custom steel fabrication and design.
You can count on the Copperloy by JH Industries team to meet the standards of both your facility and your industry. Some of the team’s past customizations have included
- Rebar Pallets
- Rail Boards
- Dock to Ground Ramps
- Heavy Duty Yard Ramps
- Portable Loading Dock Equipment
- Forklift Ramps
Connect with the Copperloy team today to learn more.