What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | Davis Eye Center
What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | Davis Eye Center | Laser Vision Correction
You may have been considering LASIK surgery for a while, but do you really know what to expect during LASIK surgery? The entire procedure only takes about 10 minutes. The procedure includes:
- Application of Numbing Drops to Cornea
- Creation of Cornea Flap
- Reshaping of Cornea
- Replacement of Cornea Flap | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery
All situations are different, but most patients can expect to follow the sequence listed above.
Before LASIK Surgery
- Your doctor will evaluate you for any signs of dry eye, inflammation, or other irritation. He or she will also note the size, shape, and condition of your cornea to confirm how much tissue will be removed.
- If you wear contact lenses, your physician will have you switch to your glasses for a few weeks. The exact amount of time will depend on your specific condition.
During LASIK Surgery
- After the numbing drops are applied, your doctor will use a suction ring to hold your eye in place in order to cut a corneal flap. You will feel slight pressure.
- Your doctor will instruct you to focus on a single point of light, then cut the Cornea flap and begin reshaping tissue.
After LASIK Surgery
- It’s common for patients to report feeling burning or watering of the eyes or other irritation and blurry vision.
- Full vision stabilization can take 2-3 months.
About Davis Eye Center | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | LASIK Eye Surgery
Davis Eye Center serves the Northeast Ohio area, improving vision and health. Patients count on the team of physicians from Davis Eye Center for:
- General Eye Care Service
- LASIK Eye Surgery | What to Expect During LASIK Eye Surgery
- Cataracts Care Service
The Davis Eye Center Team | LASIK Surgery Akron
- Charles H. Davis, D.O. Owner and Surgeon
- Thomas M. Shaheen, O.D. Optometrist
- Todd F. Bischof, O.D. Optometrist
Getting in Touch With Davis Eye Center | It’s Easy to Do! | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | Eye Drops | Corneal Tissue
If you’re ready to take the next step toward healthier eyes and clearer vision, contact the dedicated healthcare professionals at Davis Eye Center today. Simply fill out the online contact form at www.daviseyecenter.com or use the contact information below. Reach out to Davis Eye Center today for a free consultation.
Davis Eye Center
789 Graham Rd
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Main Line: (330) 923-5676
Davis Eye Center: Hours of Operation | Free LASIK Consultation
Monday: 11 AM – 7 PM
Tuesday through Thursday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday: 7 AM – 4 PM
Reach Out to Our Exceptional Team of Both Internet Marketing and website development Professionals Today
Imgon Stow Design Studio
3926 Clock Pointe Trail, Suite 103
Stow, OH 44224
Main Line: (330) 688-1324
111 Hollinger Ave
Akron, OH 44302
Imgon Cleveland Office
50 Public Square, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44113